Hazing Prevention.org Sponsors High School Essay Contest
By NFHS on January 24, 2020
The NFHS is once again pleased to work with HazingPrevention.org to sponsor the 2020 High School Essay Contest in conjunction with National Hazing Prevention Week.
The contest is open to high school student in the United States and cash prizes will be awarded to the winning essays.
The theme for 2020 is "Be Brave. Change the Game." The deadline for entries is April 30.
- Entrants must be high school students in the US.
- All entries must be received by the contest deadline to be considered. Deadline for the 2020 NHPW Essay Contest is midnight, April 30th, 2020.
- Entries must follow the contest guidelines in terms of length, adherence to theme/topic, and portrayal of an anti-hazing stance.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Essays become the property of HPO and may be used in print, digital and web-based promotional materials by HPO and/or the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). If requested at the time of submission by the author, certain identifying details may be removed from the essay before it is published.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for the top three essays in the following amounts:
- 1st place $500
- 2nd place $250
- 3rd place $150
- In addition, one essay from each of the eight regional sections of the NFHS will be selected to receive Honorable Mention for that section. Each Honorable Mention will receive $50.
- Winners will be notified summer 2020. Checks and certificates will be mailed summer, 2020.
- The judging and selection process is at the sole discretion of HazingPrevention.Org and the judging committee(s) chosen for such purpose. Submissions may be disqualified for any reason the committee sees fit, and the selection process will remain confidential. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- Entrants are responsible for complying with these guidelines.
- Open to US residents only.
Each essay contest entry must consist of the following required information plus a 500- to 600-word original essay, adhering to the theme “BE BRAVE. CHANGE THE GAME.” and submitted by April 30, 2020.
- Entrant’s full name
- First and last name of the entrant’s parent/guardian
- Entrant’s surface mailing address
- Name of the high school the entrant attends
- High school city and state
- Entrant’s telephone number
- Entrant’s email address
For more information click here.