6. 2017 March Extemp Topics
By on August 11, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Can President Trump succeed at “resetting” relations with Russia?
- Will the courts continue to block President Trump’s executive order on immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries?
- Have comedians taken their criticisms of the President and his administration too far?
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- Is President Trump’s nationalist message uniting or dividing America?
- Will limiting the flow of refugees into the United States make us safer?
- Are claims that America’s system of checks and balances is eroding valid?
- Can Snapchat be transformed into a profitable long-term business?
- Will the restart of the Keystone and Dakota Access pipeline projects help or hurt the states through which they will pass?
- Should states and municipalities stop funding sports stadiums?
- Is a college education the gateway to a middleclass income?
- Has the Democratic Party found a coherent message for the American public?
- Will the resignation of Michael Flynn result in a more damaging investigation of Donald Trump’s relationship with Russia?
- How will President Trump’s vocal criticism of the courts impact the public’s perception of the judiciary?
- What is President Trump likely to get for America in a renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement?
- What can the Trump administration do to ensure a smooth confirmation of Neil Gorsuch?
- Who in the United States would be most affected by the creation a border wall with Mexico?
- What must America do to increase interest in politics among younger voters?
- What must Donald Trump do if he wishes to successfully change America’s trade relationship with China?
- What must Republicans do to implement an effective replacement to Obamacare?
- What must the Trump administration do to make sure its members are speaking with a unified voice?
- How can President Trump alleviate fears about financial conflicts of interest?
- What can James Chaffetz do to increase confidence in the work of the House Oversight Committee?
- What will be Betsy Devos’ priorities for the Department of Education?
- What steps must the Trump administration take to satisfy the conservative wing of the Republican Party that the President has their interests in mind?
- Can a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict be achieved?
- Can Great Britain get a good deal in its Brexit negotiations with the EU?
- Is the Netherlands becoming an anti-immigrant nation?
- Should Ukraine give-up on reuniting with its separatist eastern regions?
- Is United States foreign policy strengthening conservative leaders in Iran?
- Can Britain maintain a beneficial relationship with the EU after Brexit?
- Should India adopt a universal basic income?
- Should Western European countries turn away from NATO to ensure their mutual security?
- Can Myanmar reverse its history of mistreating ethnic and religious minorities?
- Should Jordan consider incorporating ungoverned elements of Syrian and Iraqi territory into a “Greater Jordan”?
- Is it in Germany’s economic interest to keep encouraging immigration?
- Are purges in Turkey’s government bringing renewed stability to the country or making it more unstable?
- Can China restrain North Korea’s growing nuclear program?
- How will the Presidency of Donald Trump change the role of Russia in the world?
- What is needed to strengthen the environmental movement in Latin America?
- What steps can Asian nations take to help facilitate the mobility of laborers throughout the region?
- What can the Philippines do to bring its Communist insurgency to a permanent end?
- What Asian nation has the most to lose as a result of Donald Trump’s presidency?
- What steps must India take to bring about a more unified society?
- What steps can Romania take to reduce widespread corruption there?
- What must be done to better link the economies of Brazil and Argentina?
- What can Iraq’s government do to return a sense of normalcy to Mosul?
- What must Francois Fillon do to restore the support of the French public in his presidential candidacy?
- How can China and Taiwan strengthen cross-straits ties?
- If America is putting itself first, which foreign leader has the best claim to “runner-up” as “Leader of the Free World”?