3. December 2018 Extemp Topics
By on January 31, 2019
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Will President Trump remove John Kelly as his Chief of Staff?
- Are claims that Melania Trump is exerting too much influence in the West Wing exaggerated?
- Was the interim Attorney General appointed constitutionally?
- Should the White House have the right to revoke the pass of a member of the White House Press Corp?
- Will Congress be able to pass meaningful legislation in the next two years?
- Will the US government move to distance itself from Saudi Arabia in light of recent revelations about the Crown Prince’s role in the killing of a Washington Post journalist?
- Can we expect a report from Robert Mueller on the Russia investigation during the next month?
- Should American retailers expect consumers to spend more during this holiday season?
- Should religious headdress be permitted in the halls of Congress?
- Is it responsible to use prisoners to fight wildfires?
- Are federal aid programs for farmers helping to lessen the impact of President Trump’s tariffs?
- Is there evidence of state-level voter suppression in the last election?
- Will Sen. Jeff Flake mount an internal party challenge for the 2020 Republican Presidential nomination?
- Who should succeed Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House?
- Who is the most probable nominee to be the permanent Attorney General of the United States?
- What are the likely causes of increased western wildfires in recent years?
- What steps can the President take to help curtail anti-Semitic activity in the United States?
- What will be the consequence of widespread parental refusal to get their children flu shots?
- Why has Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez become the object of so much public and media criticism in the wake of her historic run?
- Why does Florida continue to have trouble administering its elections?
- What steps must evangelical political activists take to energize their base for the 2020 elections?
- Who is currently the leading contender for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?
- In the new Congress, which Republican will be the greatest thorn in Donald Trump’s side?
- How will the November state legislative races impact American politics in the coming decade?
- How will the increasing number of states legalizing marijuana impact the enforcement of federal drug laws?
- Is China out-performing the United States at capitalism?
- Will Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince survive the scandal rocking his government?
- Does Pakistan really do “nothing” for the United States, as President Trump asserts?
- Can Mexico handle the needs of the migrant caravan about to be stopped at the American border?
- Will Theresa May survive the conclusion of the Brexit negotiations as Britain’s Prime Minister?
- Should the UK hold a second referendum on Brexit?
- Should Greece remove clergy from its civil service?
- Is North Korea meeting its obligations to the United States?
- Will Imelda Marcos’ conviction for corruption in the Philippines bring any sense of justice to the victims of the Marcos regime?
- Will Canada succeed in enacting a broad-based ban on firearms?
- Is the Shi’a Islamic Movement in Nigeria a threat to the Nigerian government?
- Will the UN’s proposed peace plan bring stability to Libya?
- Will Spain derail Britain’s Brexit agreement with the EU over the issue of Gibraltar?
- What will be the consequences of strained Turkish-Saudi relations for Middle East stability?
- What steps must Israel’s prime minister take to ensure the long-term survival of his governing coalition?
- What steps must the world community take to further drive down the incidents of malaria?
- What can be done to bring about a ceasefire between Israel and militants in Gaza?
- Who will be Germany’s next Chancellor?
- How will the conviction of two former Khmer Rouge leaders of genocide and war crimes in Cambodia impact the healing of the nation?
- What steps should INTERPOL take to protect itself from accusations of political bias?
- How will the election of Brazil’s new President impact the country’s economy?
- What must Sri Lanka’s leaders do to bring the nation out of its constitutional crisis?
- What steps must Uzbekistan take to encourage the world community to lift its resistance toward purchasing Uzbek cotton?
- What steps can the Chinese government take to satisfy the concerns of protesting PLA veterans?
- How will warming relations between Israel and the Arab Persian Gulf states impact the Cold War between Iran and its Arab neighbors?