3. 2016 December Extemp Topics
By on April 04, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Did the presidential election prove that political polls are not reliable?
- Should the Electoral College be abolished?
- Was Steve Bannon an unwise appointment on the part of Donald Trump?
- With Donald Trump’s apparent interest in splitting his time between Washington, DC and New York City, can he be adequately protected from danger?
- Will Congress and the new President repeal Obamacare in totality?
- Does the American news media share responsibility for the election of Donald Trump?
- Could Donald Trump’s legal problems pose a threat to his presidency?
- With the election over, should President Obama be more vocal about his concerns about a Trump presidency?
- Did third-party candidates undermine Hillary Clinton’s presidential candidacy?
- Is the Republican Party still the party of conservatism?
- Should the U.S. Senate change its rules to eliminate the filibuster?
- Did state-level voter identification laws change the outcome of the 2016 elections?
- Should family members of presidents be allowed to serve in their administrations?
- What was the cause of Donald Trump’s come-from-behind victory in the presidential election?
- What was Hillary Clinton’s most significant strategic campaign error?
- Which appointment will be Donald Trump’s most important?
- What steps can Donald Trump take to reduce the perception that his administration will support racist policies?
- What must the Democratic Party do to expand its influence among voters who voted Republican in 2016?
- What can America’s political parties do to increase participation by minorities in the electoral process?
- Who is the most likely choice of President-elect Trump to replace Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court?
- What steps should Donald Trump take to decrease conflict between his government service and his business interests?
- Who would make the most promising chair of the Democratic National Committee?
- After Hillary Clinton’s defeat, who is the leader of the Democratic Party?
- What should be the top policy priority of President-elect Trump’s first 100 days?
- What should President Obama do to contribute to civic life after the end of his presidency?
- Are pro-Democracy forces in Hong Kong a threat to Chinese control over the territory?
- Will Pedro Pablo Kuczynski’s presidency be good for Peru?
- Can Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, succeed in extending his leadership until 2021?
- Is India becoming a more prolific polluter than China?
- Can local Chinese elections spur the growth of democracy within the Chinese Party of China?
- Can democracy emerge in Zimbabwe after 92-year-old Robert Mugabe dies?
- Can Kurdish militias succeed in their goal of dislodging Islamic State from Raqqa?
- Should NATO countries be concerned about the future of the alliance?
- Will Turkey’s continued suppression of political opposition permanently derail its prospects for European Union membership?
- Should South American nations stop pursuing hydropower on the Amazon river?
- Will Rodrigo Duterte move the Philippines toward an alliance with China?
- Can a younger generation of Saudi royals reform their country?
- Is South Africa’s president, Jacob Zuma, corrupt?
- What steps should the leaders of Mexico take to improve relations with the incoming U.S. administration of Donald Trump?
- What can Prime Minister Sharif do to curtail the power of the military in Pakistan?
- What must Vietnam do to limit traffic in products derived from endangered species?
- What must Egypt’s government do to boost its weakened economy?
- How will the election of Donald Trump impact the war in Syria?
- How is Russia likely to change its foreign policy in the wake of Donald Trump’s election as United States president?
- What can European governments do to curtail the growth of “alt right” organizations?
- How long is it likely to take for Britain to formally exit the European Union?
- How should Lebanon’s political system be reformed?
- What accounts for the low approval rating of French President, Hollande?
- What steps can India take to better involve its anxious Muslim minority in Indian society?
- What can the International Monetary Fund do to stabilize Mongolia’s economy?