2. November 2018 Extemp Topics
By on January 31, 2019
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Is the new Congress more prone to impeach President Trump?
- Will the results of Elizabeth Warren’s DNA test help or hurt her future electoral prospects?
- Will continued revelations into Brett Kavanaugh’s past threaten his future on the Supreme Court?
- With the growing number of jurisdictions legalizing marijuana, is federal legalization soon to follow?
- Is insurance coverage for pre-existing medical conditions in jeopardy?
- Will President Trump seal the border with Mexico?
- Was the United States right to withdraw from the Universal Postal Union treaty?
- Can the federal Justice Department get to the bottom of Pennsylvania’s Catholic Church sex abuse scandal?
- Should the State of Georgia erase the confederate carving at Stone Mountain?
- Should pharmacists be allowed to refuse to dispense medications on religious grounds?
- Have the midterm elections affirmed the importance of women voters?
- Was the U.S. electoral system able to withstand foreign infiltration in the midterm elections?
- Can Congress be more bipartisan in the second half of President Trump’s first term?
- What is the likely motivation for Nikki Haley’s resignation as UN ambassador?
- What is responsible for the reported decline in U.S. life expectancy ratings?
- How will the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh impact the #MeToo movement?
- When will Robert Mueller bring an end to his probe?
- What explains the Trump administration’s continued reluctance to fire Rod Rosenstein?
- What can Ryan Zinke do to rehabilitate his image?
- What lessons can analysts draw from the midterm elections?
- What changes can we expect to the Trump cabinet in the wake of the midterm elections?
- How should the Supreme Court confirmation process be reformed?
- How can FEMA better prepare for major hurricanes?
- What does the demise of Sears say about the American retail industry?
- How will the removal of Elon Musk from the Chairmanship of Tesla impact the company?
- Can Saudi Arabia restore its international reputation after the killing of Jamal Khashoggi?
- Are the Taliban making significant gains against the Afghan government?
- Has China solidified its control over the South China Sea?
- Will Great Britain get an “extension” on Brexit negotiations?
- Should NATO fear the buildup of Russian facilities in Kaliningrad?
- Is Germany’s “Grand Coalition” going to collapse?
- Can Fernando Haddad capture Brazil’s presidency?
- Is the #MeToo Movement gaining ground in India?
- Can the United States and China avoid an accidental military clash?
- Can the Middle East Strategic Alliance maintain unity?
- Does Russia’s upgrade to Syrian air defenses threaten Israel’s security?
- Is Iran’s government more or less secure than it was a year ago?
- How will the Trump administration’s merger of the U.S. mission to the Palestinians and the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem impact the regional peace process?
- How should the world community respond to China’s use of internment camps to suppress its Uighur population?
- What can Latin American nations do to better deal with Venezuelan refugees?
- What can Pakistan do to persuade the IMF to provide the country with a large loan?
- What can the world community do to deter Bangladesh’s move toward authoritarianism?
- What should the government of Zimbabwe do to stop hyperinflation?
- What steps must be taken to maintain peace between Ethiopia and Eritrea?
- Why did the Christian Social Union lose elections in Bavaria?
- What steps can European nations take to bring an end to the war in Eastern Ukraine?
- Has Spain’s Catalan separatist movement lost its steam?
- What must the Scottish National Party do to get another Brexit referendum?
- What must the Saudi royal family do to maintain world trade ties amidst the Khashoggi murder scandal?
- Why are Central American migrants heading north to the United States?