1. October 2017 Extemp Topics
By on November 08, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Will the rise of artificial intelligence cause the loss of jobs or fuel the creation of new ones?
- Is climate change to blame for the increase in strong Atlantic hurricanes?
- Was FEMA adequately prepared to deal with the impact of this fall’s hurricanes?
- Is the United States military sufficiently capable of defending its allies from military threats?
- Can state governments fix healthcare exchanges in their states without federal assistance?
- Should local police departments be entitled to use military-grade equipment?
- Can Congress and the President successfully implement an agreement to pass DACA legislation?
- Should the federal government cut taxes on overseas earnings by Americans?
- Can President Trump’s new Chief of Staff bring order to a chaotic White House?
- Should Jeff Sessions resign as Attorney General?
- Is President Trump laying the groundwork for an Independent presidential bid in 2020?
- Will Robert Muller’s investigation of Russian involvement in the 2016 elections lead to the eventual downfall of the Trump presidency?
- Should the CIA be granted independent authority to conduct drone strikes in Afghanistan?
- Now out of the White House, how will Steve Bannon influence the trajectory of the Trump administration?
- What steps can the U.S. Navy do to better protect its ships from accidents at sea?
- How will President Trump’s pardon of former Sheriff Joe Arpaio impact his level of support in Arizona?
- What can American schools and colleges do to support free speech while protecting student safety?
- How will the failure of Congress to pass health care reform legislation impact the reelection prospects for Republicans?
- How will California’s passage of a “sanctuary state” bill impact federal efforts at controlling illegal immigration?
- What can American colleges and universities do to combat hazing among fraternities and sororities?
- What steps can White House aides take to bring order to the President’s communications?
- How will reductions in State Department personnel impact America’s ability to conduct foreign relations?
- What steps must President Trump take to reassure his base that he has not abandoned their interests?
- Which issue on President Trump’s legislative agenda has the greatest likelihood of passing in the near term?
- What steps must the Trump family take to reassure the American public that its business interests are disentangled from those of their father?
- Can the rule of law be maintained in Hong Kong?
- Will Thailand’s military junta give way to democracy after next year’s elections?
- Will an increased U.S. commitment to Afghanistan be able to turn the tide against the Taliban?
- Have Israeli politicians turned a blind eye to allegations of anti-Semitism against their American political supporters?
- Is Egypt’s relationship with Hamas improving?
- What explains the decline in Emmanuel Macron’s popularity among French voters?
- Will Brexit fuel an exodus of talent from the United Kingdom?
- Should wealthy nations bear the cost of rebuilding Caribbean island destroyed by Hurricane Irma?
- Should the Chinese government cease its promotion of traditional Chinese medicine to its citizens?
- Can Guatemala’s controversial corruption investigations succeed in making the country’s politics respectable?
- Should Japan amend its constitution to develop an offensive military capability?
- Should Aung San Suu Kyi’s Nobel Peace Prize be revoked for her failure to stand up for the Rohingyas of Myanmar?
- Can Islamic State recover from its recent defeats?
- What country is the best candidate for development of a union of liberal democracy and political Islam?
- What steps must El Salvador take to eliminate its gang problem?
- What must China and India do to resolve their ongoing border dispute in the Himalayas?
- What accounts for the decrease in westward migration by Eastern Europeans?
- What must be done to address the global shortage of primary care physicians?
- How has Donald Trump’s presidency impacted the state of Asian security?
- What steps must Turkey take to improve its rocky relations with the rest of Europe?
- What must Germany’s Free Democrats do to regain a more influential role in German government?
- What must the world community do to successfully counter North Korea’s nuclear and missile programs?
- How will the entry of the FARC into Columbian politics change the nation’s political landscape?
- What can Kenya’s political parties do to bring political stability back to the country?
- Who will emerge as the next leader of the African National Congress?